Leaving with family for a weekend getaway? Just think of all the assets you possess like your home, car, jewellery and other valuables. What if you lose all of it due to some fire, theft or a natural calamity? Risk is everywhere: When you drive your car to work, when you visit a new country, when you ride your bike to a nearby shop, when there’s a new bug going around in town.
At times, you might end up facing some unexpected losses for which you were completely unaware… What then? Do you look for some security system or just leave things on destiny?
Nothing would work except a security system that backs us.
That is where General insurance comes in.
“To insure is to protect and indemnify. It does not mean Prevention of loss”.
What is General Insurance?
General insurance is broadly defined as non-life insurance policies. There are many general insurance products on the market. General insurance is designed to protect the things you value such as your home, cars and valuables. Your insurance company will pay you the sum assured or an agreed amount to cover some or all the loss under certain situations.
- Loss of your belongings when you travel
- Damage to your car
- Damage to your house and/or contents
- Loss of business due to fire
- Reinbursement of medical fees
- and many other situations…
Products vary between companies and consumers should always purchase cover appropriate to their level of risk.
The main forms of general insurance are: Home and Contents Insurance, Motor Vehicle Insurance, Business Insurance, Mortgage Insurance, Liability Insurance, Workers Compensation and Travel Insurance.
There is no one product that is appropriate for everyone and there are many other types of general insurance products offered by Singapore insurance companies. Consumers should shop around to ensure the product they choose is appropriate to their situation and level of risk. This is where having a Broker consultant like Shaun Lopez (me) is essential.
Allow me to assist you in getting the best coverage and best price for your required general insurance in Singapore. If the type of General Insurance you are interested in is not stated below, drop me a line and I will see if I can assist you!
Your Omni-Solution Consultant Partner
Companies I might be able to place your business with:
- ACE Insurance Limited
- AIG Asia Pacific Insurance Pte Ltd
- Allianz Global Corporate & Speciality AG Singapore Branch
- AXA Insurance Singapore Pte Ltd
- China Taiping Insurance (Singapore) Pte Ltd
- Coface Singapore
- ECICS Limited
- EQ Insurance Company Ltd
- Etiqa Insurance Berhad
- Euler Hermes Credit Insurance Agency (S) Pte Ltd
- Federal Insurance Company
- First Capital Insurance Ltd
- Groupama Transport Singapore Branch
- India International Insurance Pte Ltd
- Liberty Insurance Pte Ltd
- Liberty International Underwriters
- Lloyd’s Asia Pte Ltd
- Lonpac Insurance Berhad
- MSIG Insurance (Singapore) Pte Ltd
- Newline Asia Services Pte Ltd
- NTUC Income Insurance Co-operative Ltd
- Overseas Assurance Corporation Ltd
- QBE Insurance (International) Ltd
- Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc
- SHC Capital Ltd
- Shipowners’ Asia Pte Ltd
- Tenet Sompo Insurance Pte Ltd
- Tokio Marine Insurance Singapore Ltd
- United Overseas Insurance Ltd
- Zurich Insurance Company (Singapore Branch)
- And more …